Tricks to Remember Banks with their Headquarters
1. All the banks which have ‘Bank of India‘ at the end of their name have their headquarters in Mumbai.
- Bank of India — Mumbai
- Central Bank of India— Mumbai
- Industrial Development Bank of India— Mumbai
- State Bank of India—Mumbai
- Union Bank of India—Mumbai
- Reserve Bank of India—Mumbai
- Dena Bank—Mumbai (It is the only bank which does not contain a bank of India)
Note- United Bank of India is the only exception which does not have its headquarter in Mumbai.
2. Banks which have ‘Indian’ in starting, have their headquarters in Chennai.
- Indian Bank – Chennai
- Indian Overseas Bank – Chennai
3. Banks which start with ‘U‘ have their headquarters in Kolkata.
- UCO Bank – Kolkata
- United Bank of India – Kolkata
- Allahabad Bank – Kolkata (Exception)
Note: Union Bank of India which starts with ‘U’ but it’s headquarters are in Mumbai.
4. If the Bank name Starts with “Punjab” within their name, have Headquarters in New Delhi.
- Punjab National Bank – New Delhi
- Punjab & Sind Bank – New Delhi